Coming from the Kapiti Coast, or SH1:
Get onto SH58 (Haywards Hill Rd) via Grays Road (traffic light controlled intersection just north of
Plimmerton) or around the southern side of the Pauatahanui inlet (to the Hutt Valley) from the
roundabout south of Plimmerton. At the SH58/SH2 intersection turn left towards Upper Hutt and follow the
instructions from the second "dot point" on the directions for "Coming from Wellington via SH2 (Hutt
Road)" which are given immediately below.
Coming from Wellington via SH2(Hutt Road):
- Head north along SH2 (Hutt Rd - Western Hutt Rd) towards Upper Hutt.
- After passing through the Haywards intersection move into the RH lane when prompted by the Stokes
Valley/ Silverstream overhead sign. Exit SH2 at the traffic lights, cross the river bridge and stay in
the LH lane.
- Carry on along Fergusson Drive to the first major light controlled intersection, move into RH
turning lane and turn right into Sutherland Avenue as indicated by signage.
- Cross railway line into Messines Avenue.
- Continue east along Messines Avenue. At the end of the Avenue there is an 80k speed sign and the
road takes a left hand curve. As the road straightens turn right onto the narrow road which crosses a
hump and continues through the golf course. There is a long brown sign to the right of the entrance
with Sommerville Range and Collins Range carved into it. The road through the golf course crosses four
fairways so please observe the 20k speed restriction, watch out for and give way to golfers, and give
way to oncoming vehicles.
- The archery range (Sommerville) is through the first gate on the right.
- Please do not stop, or park your vehicle on the grass. This is a NZ Defence Force requirement.